Sunday 13 May 2012

Judge A Book By Its Cover #3

Only the third post, and I almost forgot about it already :X
I tried skimming goodreads recommendations to find a pretty but I just couldn't decide which one it should be.
Of course, I was confronted with many lovely covers but nothing jumped out to me like "this should totally be in my next JABBIC post!".
I ended up going back to my to-read list (because I tend to mark books as to-read based on their covers too frequently) and found this.

Title: Hourglass
Author: Myra McEntire
Series: Hourglass #1
Publisher: Egmont USA (yes, it's from the same publisher who published One Moment from my last JABBIC post!)
Cover Design: One of the editors at Egmont (I wonder who's so talented~)

This is actually 17th on my to-read list, one of the first few I've added after I joined Goodreads.
Because, the cover.
It's just so captivating and, refreshing.
A pity I hadn't had the chance to read it yet.
Which is why my to-read list had grown to a huge list of 200+.
Oops? x)



Just a few days ago I'd saw the second book available on Netgalley.
Couldn't say how tempted I was to go ahead and request it.
What held me back was the fact that I would obviously be rejected with my irregular posting of reviews.
I guess I would have to wait that few weeks to read Timepiece after I finally get my hands on Hourglass anyway ;)
And I love that cover as well, glad to see it follow through from the first book.

Below are some other books which, as according to Goodreads, the readers enjoyed as well as Hourglass.
Of course, I took those which covers attracted me still, not surprised to see the first two already in my to-read list.
And I'm so adding the third.
Since I already have 203, why not? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? :)