Tuesday 15 May 2012

Keeping An Eye #2

Yay, I almost forgot about this one too.
Meaning, I actually didn't :D
Yeah, that was the whole point x)

Running on a tight deadline, I was glad I'd actually picked this time's KAE book together with the last one.
Because I saw it on May's new release, and it took me in.
Yes, Darkness Before Dawn has that in it.

Title: Darkness Before Dawn
Author: J. A. London
Series: Darkness Before Dawn #1
Genre: Paranormal YA
Release Date: 29th May 2012
Goodreads Description: This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters....

 Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name J. A. London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.


I admit, I had thought of changing it during the past two weeks.
But it is not because of the time issue or that there wasn't barely enough new books to choose from.
I just didn't see anything that caught my eye as well as this did.
Granted, I confirmed this as my second KAE post the moment I saw Morganville Vampires fans would like it.
Hehe.
And it also appears that fans of the Twilight series and Vampire Academy series (mememe!!!) would enjoy it too.
Just hope it wouldn't be disappointing when I actually get my hands on it.
Because my expectations are this high.

Not sure about the dystopian factor though.
I've never been a great fan of the dystopian books, like say Matched by Ally Condie (I liked it, but didn't think it was as good as many made it out to be) and how I haven't started on The Hunger Games yet.
But entwined with the vampire streak, I just might like this one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? :)